Monday, August 29, 2011

Trekking Poles






























If you have never used trekking poles please give them a try. Trekking poles range from $20 to $250. There are many benefits that I noticed. The very first thing I noticed was that my arms really got a workout and it made it much easier on my IT-band going downhill. I developed a IT-band issue on my left knee going downhill always and trekking poles have given tremendous support to my knees going down hill. You will be amazed how much faster you can climb uphill with a little help from your arms.
You'll also notice you have more stability and balance getting around slippery logs, rocks and stream crossings. Some people ask one pole or two?? I prefer two. It just evens out your body and balance. Here you can see we were hiking in Glacier National Park. All I can say is what a difference and I don't leave home without my trekking poles!!




No comments:

Post a Comment